Summer Doll Diaries 3

Bonjour, everyone! It’ s Rue again. Today I’m going to write about my fabulous Sat . I love my teachers at my school, but nothing beats the weekend. Last Saturday  I slept in till 9 and Saige slept in till 10. I can’ the believe someone could sleep so late on a Saturday! When I woke up I put my running stuff on and went for a quick run around our neighborhood. If you run in the late spring in California, you have to run in the morning or else it gets waaaayyy too hot. When I got back Sleeping Saige still wasn’t up so I had cereal. By the time I had finished washing dishes, Saige was up. After she ate breakfast and we got dressed, it was 11. We then decided that we would go for a picnic in our garden. There isn’the enough space in our backyard for a garden so we own a plot next Seashell Park. It’s a 5 minute walk from our house. So I made grilled cheese for us, Saige got 2 cartons of milk, and Cooper, well, Cooper sat and begged for a piece of cheese. Once we had every thing packed, and Cooper on a leash, we were off! Once we got to the garden, I let E.B, my chicken out of her coop.E.B. lives in a coop next to my garden because if she lived in the yard, Cooper would scare her to death. After we ate we made a quick stop home to change into our bathing suits, grab sunglasses, put Cooper in his kennel, grab towels,and slap sunscreen on. We took the bus to the beach which, thank goodness, is only 12 minutes away. If it would have been longer, I might have fainted because, the swelling California heat and too many people  crammed on a bus equals unbearable heat. Once we got to the beach, Saige stretched out her towel on the warm, glowing sand and started tanning. I ran into the ocean, splashingand skipping farther and farther into the ocean.  Then I dover underwater. The water was refreshinglying freezing compared to the heat. I sprinted up to the shore and dumped a handfull of salty, frigid, ocean water on Saige’s back and she sure yelped. I leaped back into the water and this time, she followed me.”Payback time!” she declared, smacking her arms on the water near me. As if to get away from the pain of the smacking, the water left up to my face, like hundreds of micro sized bees stinging me. I dove under water, and pulled Saige’s feet from under her so she fell backwards into the water. We played like this for 2 more hours. After that, we dried off and I went shell hunting. I have a big box under my bed full of shells and interesting rocks that I ‘ve found at the beach. I only found one new rock on Saturday. It was bright red, either streaks of darker, cherry colored red running through it. Then Saige announced that it was 4 and we needed to go home. There were less people on the bus on the way back, and the driver had the air conditioning on, so the ride wasn’t so bad. Once we got home, I let Cooper out so he could use the restroom. I hopped in the tub and had a quick rinse to get all the sand and saltwater out of my hair. While I was changing into my pjs, Saige took a quick shower too. Once we were both squeaky clean and in our fuzzy pajamas on, we decided that we were going to order pizza. It was 10 to 6, and neither of us felt like cooking dinner. We called the pizza place and they said the pizza that we ordered would be to us in 10 to 15 minutes. While we waited, we turned on Shark Tank. Just as one of the people were going to make a deal, the doorbell rang. I reluctantly shut the TV off and headed down stairs.Saige brought the pizza into the dining room, and we finished the whole thing. We were both exhausted, so we went straight to bed. And that was my fabulous Saturday.

Rue☆

One thought on “Summer Doll Diaries 3

1. Sooooo cool, Rue! It sounded like a nice day. I hope we here more of your life!

-Casey(just incase you don’t know who “mvcsstudent26” is.)